Courtesy of Wegmans Chef Llewellyn Correia, for demo July 10th, 2015
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Juice of one lemon
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
1. Prepare the marinade: Combine the olive oil, cider vinegar, garlic, honey, herbs, and
lemon juice in a Ziploc bag, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to
the bag and toss to coat in the marinade. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Pre heat grill for 15 minutes or until hot.
3. Place the chicken breast on the grill at 2 o’clock. Sear for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn the
chicken to a 10 o’clock position to get a perfect grill pattern. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Flip the chicken and repeat the searing on the other side, for an additional cook time of 2-
3 minutes on each side.
5. Check the internal temperature of the chicken—it should be done at 165°F. Finish in the
oven if necessary, or serve right away.
Recipe courtesy of Wegmans Chef Llewellyn Correia
Some include these ingredients
2 large lemons
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed with the side of a large knife or minced
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, roughly chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)